Dr. Sean Claflin has thirty years of experience in several diverse eye care settings. He is a native of Cañon City and has served the Fremont county and surrounding counties since 1993.
Dr. Claflin completed his undergraduate studies in northern Colorado and his professional studies in southern California. He then completed a postgraduate residency in eastern Oklahoma. He is active in both state and national associations and organizations in Optometry.
Dr. Claflin lives in Cañon City with his wife, Brenda, and they have three children – Shea, Sadie, and MacKenzie.
Private Practice Claflin Eye Care 1/93 – present Canon City, CO
Rural Health Center Custer County Health Center / Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center 7/08 – present Westcliffe, CO
Referral Center The Wright Eye Center 1/99 – 12/05 Colorado Springs, CO
Ophthalmology Center for Eye Care and Surgery 1/94 – 3/98 Pueblo, CO
Multidisciplinary San Luis Valley Medical Clinic 1/96 – 1/99 Alamosa, CO
Hospital Hastings Indian Health Hospital 7/92 – 7/93 Tahlequah, OK
Consultant Federal Bureau of Prisons 9/94 – 9/96 Florence, CO
- American Academy of Optometry, Fellow
- American Board of Optometry, Diplomate
- Colorado Optometric Association, Board Trustee
- American Optometric Association, Member
- Southern Colorado Optometric Society, Member
- Adjunct Clinical Instructor, SCO and UMSL
- Oklahoma Association of Optometric Physicians
- Colorado and Oklahoma State Licensures